The Health Bus comes to Oxford House thanks to Health & Wellbeing Slough (HWS)
Oxford House Community Care and Oxford House Nursing Home are pleased to work with Health and Wellbeing Slough (HWS). HWS offered Oxford House staff a free health check/general health assessment this week. Our employees signed up to the appointments to find out about important health markers such as blood sugar levels, cholesterol values (HDL and LDL), body mass index, and even their heart age! The health checks were completed on site at Oxford House Nursing Home in the HWS Wellness Vehicle, where all patients were also able to discuss other health and wellness services that are offered by the HWS team. These included:
- Children and Adult Weight Management – 12 weeks of support available online via mobile apps, Microsoft teams or face-to-face.
- Stop Smoking Services – 6-12 weeks of support with a trained wellness coach as well as free nicotine replacement therapy to help you quit for good. Currently being offered virtually on Microsoft Teams.
- Falls Prevention - free falls risk and frailty assessment with 12 weeks of Well Balance classes to improve your strength and balance. The classes are currently offered both virtually and face-to-face.
- Sedentary Behaviour Change – home pack available with follow up support to help reduce sedentary behaviour.
- Brief Interventions for Alcohol
- Brief Advice on Emotional Wellbeing
- Advice on Oral Health
At Oxford House, as well as taking care of our Service Users, we also care about our employees and this service was well received by our staff. It was nice to see so many of our staff take up the offer of this health check. Thank you to Jack and Pam at HWS for offering this service, our staff found it very useful.
For more information on Health and Wellbeing Slough, visit their website - https://healthandwellbeingslough.co.uk/